At the Board of Directors meetings held in February and March 2017 the Board resolved to:
1. Continue discussions with BVSC regarding the merits of extending the new service road currently being constructed at the rear of the Club, further to the east to provide rear access to the Club’s commercial land at 95/97 Main St.
2. To receive a Hotel Research Study, commissioned by the Board, from highly experienced and well qualified market researchers Landsburys, regarding the feasibility of construction of a hotel on Club owned land. As this concept is consistent with the Club’s land development masterplan and the report’s findings were very favourable, the Board resolved to continue to investigate the merits of this concept.
3. As per Article 18 of the MIBC Ltd. Constitution, receive and approve Life Member nominations for members Ronald Christie and Brain Kennedy. The nominations were each signed by nine Bowling members, as required. Both nominations will be put before the 2017 MIBC Ltd AGM and voted on by members.
4. Close Greens 3 & 4 to bowling activities as per the resolution approved by members at the 2015 AGM.
5. Enter into discussions “From little things Parklands”, a local not-for-profit community organisation, regarding their proposal for a community garden and educational nature reserve etc. on club owned, flood prone land, adjacent to Merimbula Creek and for a large vegetable garden on No 4 green for supplying fresh produce to the Club.
6. Introduce a $5 per hour fee for rolls up for non-MIBC Bowling members.
7. Consult MIWBC and MIMBC Management Committees regarding proposed changes to 2017/18 Membership fees, affiliation fees, barefoot bowls fees and non-member roll up fees.
8. Approve ClubGRANTS Category 2 sponsorship for the Rock ‘n” Rodders Dance Festival, Merimbula Knights Pink Stump Day, local junior swimmer Georgia Caldwell, Sapphire Coast Netball Association, Sapphire Coast Runners, Merimbula & District Arts Group, Women’s Surf & Wellness Coaching Camp.
9. Approve 372 new and transferring memberships:
• Social 356
• Bowls 15
• Bowls Junior 1
The next regular monthly Board meeting is scheduled to be held on 19 April 2017
22 March 2017