At the Board of Directors meetings held in December 2017 and January 2018 the Board resolved:
1. To appoint the following Board committees for 2018
• Executive, Board Performance, Education and Succession (P Moore, I Martin, C Keens)
• Finance, Audit and Risk (I Martin, G Halloran, W Dejong)
• Planning (C Keens, I Martin, W Dejong, R Holt)
• Building and Maintenance (R Holt, G Halloran, I Martin)
• Constitution Review and Members Disciplinary (C Keens, W Dejong, G Halloran)
• Australian Bowls Championships (C Keens, I Martin, R Holt)
2. To phase out self-catering for internal club events and charity events in accordance with best practice food handling procedures for commercial catering venues and consistent with the Club’s current food policy.
3. Directors will continue to not utilise the designated director carparks during the Woolworths supermarket construction period due to the reduced number of car parks available in the precinct during this time.
4. To negotiate an acceptable financial contribution to the cost of installation of a new high-pressure water main in the new service road reserve north of the club, on the basis it is designed to service the Club’s four commercial development sites.
5. To negotiate a suitable financial arrangement with the builder of the proposed Aldi supermarket to utilise the Club’s land and buildings at 95/97 Main Street for a temporary site office and workers carpark during the Aldi supermarket construction period.
6. Approve ClubGrants Category 2 sponsorship of the 2018 and 2019 Merimbula Eat Festival and the Under 18 Pambula Merimbula Bulldog Rugby League side.
7. Approve 311 new and transferring memberships:
• Social 299
• Bowls 12
The next regular monthly Board meeting is scheduled to be held on 21 February 2018
14 February 2018