At the Board of Directors meetings held in February and March 2018 the Board resolved:
1. In consultation with MIWBC and MIMBC to undertake a review of the 2014 Internal Bowls Clubs Autonomy Agreement and to amend it where required to reflect current practice.
2. To adopt the Building committee recommendations for initial works to improve comfort on and around the new greens in winter;
a. Install heaters on the bowls viewing deck
b. Request the proposed block safety wall on the eastern side of Green 1 (adjacent to the supermarket site) be installed at a minimum height of 1.4m above the road height. To also be constructed in a way that makes it practical to increase height further if required.
c. Install shade cloth to the fence on the western side of Green 2
d. To monitor the impact of the new Woolworths building and other works on prevailing winds.
3. To meet with BVSC to discuss current planning constraints on the possible hotel development on the redundant bowling greens and maintenance shed site.
4. To commission Russell Corporate Advisory to undertake a further Market Demand Study for Hotel accommodation in Merimbula and an initial Market Demand Study to establish the merits of a residential and retirement living development on other vacant club land.
5. To approve the request from MIICBC request to approve Di Symes as a Life Member of the Indoor Carpet Bowls Club.
6. Note that MakMax (the greens roof supplier) will have sub-contractors on site immediately after Easter to carry out rectification works to the gutters to improve their capacity during significant rain events.
7. To thank and congratulate senior staff member Bernie Collins for his role as a volunteer firefighter during the Tathra Bushfires
8. To meet with representives of Edwards Constructions to negotiate a solution to possible BCA non-compliant works from the 2008 renovation.
9. To approve proposed changes to the MIMBC Constitution relating to the splitting of the roles of Treasurer and Secretary, and other related items
10. Approve ClubGrants sponsorship for the Sapphire Coast Turf Club, the South Coast AFL Buccaneers Charity dayand the Merimbula & Districts Arts Group.
11. To approve a total of $40,000 be donated to the Tathra Bushfire Appeal:
a. $17,500 to the BVSC Mayoral Appeal
b. $20,000 to the “Band Together- Tathra Bushfire Appeal Concert Fundraiser”
c. $2,500 to assist the Tathra Beach Bowling Club to provide complimentary meals to those effected by the fire and volunteers
12. Approve new and transferring memberships:
• Social 220
• Bowls 2
The next regular monthly Board meeting is scheduled to be held on 18 April 2018
28 March 2018