At the Board of Directors meeting held on 16 March 2016, the Board resolved to:
- Not increase membership fees for the 2016/17 from existing levels. Therefore the following Membership Fees will apply again for the coming financial year:
- Bowling Membership $110
- Social Membership $12
- 3 year Social Membership $25
- Introductory Bowls Membership $55
- Junior (Bowls and Gym) Membership $10
- Phase out the 5% members discount on Food and Beverage purchases, effective from 1 July 2016, due to greater membership discounts and other benefits now applying under the Sapphire Rewards Membership Loyalty Program.
Under this loyalty program members’ receive between 10% and 50% discount on Food and Beverage purchases when paying by points, between 10 and 200 points each day for visiting the Club, an annual birthday present of valued at between $15 and $100, earn points on Food, Beverage and KENO purchases, as well as many other significant benefits.
- Approve minor CLUBgrants Category 2 sponsorship for the Sapphire Coast Board Riders Club.
- Approve 93 new and transferring memberships comprising:
- Social 91, Bowls 2
The next regular monthly Board meeting is scheduled to be held on 20 April 2016.
Subsequent to the above mentioned Board meeting, on 17 March 2016, Bega Valley Shire Council (BVSC) advised the Club that it had approved the Club’s Development Application for the conversion of Greens 1 and 2 to synthetic surfaces, the installation of a membrane roof over these greens and the renovation of Rockpool Café and Gardens and other clubhouse facilities. In addition, on 18 March 2016, Club’s Sub-Division and Fill Works Development Application relating to the vacant development land adjacent to the proposed service road at the rear of the Club was also approved by BVSC.
5 April 2016
INFORMATION FROM THE BOARD
At the Board of Directors meeting held in February 2016, the Board resolved to:
1. Appoint Tiger Turf as the winning tenderer for the supply of the synthetic surface for Bowling greens 1 and 2.
2. Approve the request of MIWBC to donate the proceeds of Mavis Meadowcroft Charity Day to Bega Oncology.
3. Approve 110 new and transferring memberships comprising:
• Social 107, Bowls 2, Gym junior 1
The next regular monthly Board meeting is scheduled to be held on 16 March 2016.
19 February 2016
At the Board of Directors meetings held in December 2015 and January 2016, the Board resolved to:
1. Appoint the following new Board Committees:
Executive and Succession Planning -CHAIRMAN, DEPUTY CHAIRMAN, TREASURER
Finance Committee- I. MARTIN, R. CHRISTIE, G. HALLORAN
Club Grants Cat 2- C. KEENS, G. HALLORAN
Building and Land Development- P. MOORE, R. CHRISTIE, I. MARTIN, R. HOLT
Strategic Planning and Risk Management P. MOORE, T. KILLEN, C. KEENS
2. Approve the following changes to MIBC Ltd. By-Laws to delete redundant references to the Greens Director and Greens Committee.
4.4 The Greenkeeper shall have the power to prevent the opening of the greens on any day if, in his opinion, the greens would be damaged by bowling. The decision in this matter rests with the Greenkeeper and is final. Closing the greens after play has commenced will be decided by the Greenkeeper or in his absence, the Bowls Development Officer, or the member in charge of bowling on that day. In the case of pennant matches or Association fixtures, the decision to continue play, or to cease play, shall be initiated by appeal under the Laws of the Game of Bowls in Australia.
4.5 Greens will be available for roll-ups, coaching and the like at times as decided by the Greenkeeper.
3. Approve a request from MIMBC to open a fixed term deposit in the amount of $40,000.
4. Cease the practice of paying a portion of Bowls Membership Fees to MIMBC and MIWBC from 1 July 2016.
5. Appoint Paynter Dixon to prepare detailed drawings for tendering and construction and to lodge a Construction Certificate Application with BVSC for the renovation of the Clubhouse and conversion of greens 1 and 2 to a covered synthetic greens complex
6. At the next General Meeting ask members to approve minor changes to future Board election voting procedures whereby the current requirement to vote for to all candidates irrespective of the number of vacancies be changed so members only need to vote for the number of candidates equal to the number of vacancies.
7. Approve the replacement of deep fryers in the Bistro Kitchen ($14,000)
8. Approve ClubGrants Category 2 donations/sponsorships for Merimbula Pambula Junior Rugby League Football Club and Sapphire Coast Runners Inc.
9. Approve 301 new and transferring memberships comprising:
• Social 296, Bowls 4, Gym junior 1
The next regular monthly Board meeting is scheduled to be held on 17 February 2016.
9 February 2016