At the Board of Directors meeting held in November 2015, the Board resolved to:
1. Agree on the terms and conditions of the proposed agreement with new gymnasium operators Mark Moses and Paul Perkins. The gym expected to re-open before Christmas.
2. Approve proposed changes to MIMBC Constitution and Bi-Laws (subject to MIMBC membership approval) to delete reference to the positions of Bowls Secretary and Almoner and to rectify some minor anomalies relating to the Management Committee’s capacity to fill casual vacancies and appoint a chairman to conduct general meetings in the absence of the President.
3. Accept the BDO’s recommendation to appoint Lightweight Roof Structures and Tiger Turf (woven carpet- “BowlsWeave”) as the preferred suppliers of the synthetic greens surface and roof over greens 1 and 2 (subject to membership approval of the expenditure).
4. After greens 3 and 4 are no longer required for bowling, and until such time as they are developed in accordance with the clubs long term masterplan, to utilise this space for a childrens’ venture park area and a vegetable garden for supply of club produce.
5. Approve the purchase of a new glass polisher for the bar ($2,465)
6. Approve 189 new and transferring memberships comprising:
• Social 180
• Bowls 9
The next regular monthly Board meeting is scheduled to be held on 11 December 2015.
20 November 2015
At the Board of Directors meetings held in September and October 2015, the Board resolved to:
1. Propose capital works from Stage 1 of the Club’s Masterplan, of approximately $5.5million, to members at this year’s AGM.
The works involve converting bowling greens 1 and 2 from a grass to a synthetic surface and erecting a roof over these two greens and conducting renovations and building works to the Clubhouse.
2. Appoint Paynter Dixon to prepare and lodge Development Applications on behalf of the Club for Stage 1 of the Masterplan.
3. To take on board feedback provided by members at the recent Members’ Information Meeting and rescind the Board’s previous decision to propose a cap on the Chairman’s term and restricting Social members from holding office bearer positions on the Board.
4. To adopt a new Risk Management Plan for the Club.
5. To upgrade the Club’s CCTV Security System ($85,000) and upgrade the Sapphire Room air-conditioning system ($36,000).
6. Approve ClubGRANTS Category 2 Donations to Merimbula Big Game and Lakes Angling Club, Merimbula Gift, Merimbula Jazz Festival, Sapphire Coast Turf Club, Down South Jazz club, Pambula Public School, Typhoons Softball Club, Lions Fairway Charity Golf Event, Merimbula Sailboard Classic, Merimbula Knights Cricket Club, Merimbula Parkrun, Merimbula Tourism.
7. To invite Ray Caterson to continue in his current role of Patron for the another 12months
8. Approve 288 new and transferring memberships comprising:
• Social 281, Bowls 4, Gym Junior 3
The next regular monthly Board meeting is scheduled to be held on 13 November 2015.
7 October 2015
At the Board of Directors meeting held in August 2015, the Board resolved to:
1. Hold the 2015 MIBC Ltd AGM at 10.00am on Sunday 22 November 2015.
2. Hold a members information meeting at 10.00am on Sunday 13 September 2015 to discuss a variety of matters likely to be proposed to members at this years AGM.
3. Invite nominations from 7 October 2015 for the 2015 board elections. Four director positions will be declared vacant in accordance with the Constitution and the triennial rule (three positions with 3 year terms and one position with a 1 year term).
4. Purchase a replacement pasta cooker ($5,591), deep fryer ($4,455) and convotherm oven ($15,715) for the kitchens, and a four stroke mower ($1,370) for the greens.
5. Approve 142 new and transferring memberships comprising:
• Social 131, Bowls 6, Gym Junior 5
The next regular monthly Board meeting is scheduled to be held on 11 September 2015.
13 August 2015