At the Board of Directors meetings held in April and May 2015, the Board:
1. Resolved to discuss the concepts of Social members being able to fill up to two of the seven ordinary directors positions and re-introducing the three year cap on consecutive years served by a Board Chairman, at a members Information meeting to be held July.
2. Set membership fees for 2015/16 at $110 for Bowling, $25 for three year Social and $12 for one year Social.
3. After 14 months of successful financial autonomy of MIMBC and MIWBC, as highlighted by the significant surpluses and bank balances of both clubs, the Board resolved the need for the payment of 25% of bowling membership fees to the clubs was no longer required and would therefore cease from 1 July 2015.
4. To introduce a new process for Board consideration of CLUBgrants Category Two sponsorship requests whereby applications will be considered in March and September each year instead of monthly. All applications will now need to be submitted on standard application forms to ensure continued fairness and equity in distribution of these funds.
5. Approved CLUBgrants Category Two donations for, Merimbula Tennis Club, Vinnie's Winter Blanket Appeal, Sapphire Coast Rock 'n' Roll Festival, Merimbula Scouts, Merimbula/Pambula Junior Rugby League, RSL Zone 21 Bowls, and complimentary room hire for 18 not-for-profit community groups.
6. Resolved to appoint consultants to review the clubs F&B facilities and offerings.
7. Resolved to store bowls jacks outside the clubhouse adjacent to the greens instead of inside in the change box.
8. Approved 130 new and transferring memberships comprising: • Social 122, Bowls 2, Gym Junior 6
The next regular monthly Board meeting is scheduled to be held on 12 June 2015.
27 May 2015
At the Board Meeting of 18 February 2015 the Board elected Ron Christie to the position of Chairman and Peter Moore to Deputy Chairman.
At the Board of Directors meetings held in January, February and March 2015, the Board:
1. Elected Ron Christie as Chairman and Peter Moore as Deputy Chairman, and appointed Bill Rogers to fill the Casual Vacancy on the Board of Directors.
2. Approved CLUBgrants Category Two donations for, Merimbula Jazz festival, Candelo Arts Society, Community Carers Accommodation South East Fundraiser, Bega Oncology Unit, the 2015 Merimbula Fun Run, and complimentary room hire for 18 not-for-profit community groups.
3. Approved MIMBC and MIWBC requests to donate proceeds of Wrong Bias Box and Mavis Meadowcroft Bowls Day to Bega Oncology Unit.
4. Approved purchase of chaffing dishes for the kitchen and replacement of worn outdoor and indoor furniture.
5. Approved 357 new and transferring memberships comprising:
• Social 345, Bowls 4, Gym Junior 8
6. Approved the below Board committees.
The next regular monthly Board meeting is scheduled to be held on 10 April 2015.
20 March 2015
Chairman, Deputy Chairman, Treasurer,
FINANCE COMMITTEE: I. MARTIN, B. KENNEDY, R. CHRISTIE
CLUBGRANTS CAT 2: B. KENNEDY, G. TELFORD
BUILDING & LAND DEVELOPMENT COMMITTEE: R. CHRISTIE, B. KENNEDY, P. MOORE, B. ROGERS
RULES & DISCIPLINARY COMMITTEE: G. TELFORD, B. ROGERS
STRATEGIC PLANNING COMMITTEE: P.MOORE, T. KILLEN, G. TELFORD
TOURNAMENT DIRECTOR: T. KILLEN
GREENS DIRECTOR: B. KENNEDY
LIAISON DIRECTOR: G. TELFORD