At the Board of Directors meetings held in January, February and March 2015, the Board:
1. Elected Ron Christie as Chairman and Peter Moore as Deputy Chairman, and appointed Bill Rogers to fill the Casual Vacancy on the Board of Directors.
2. Approved CLUBgrants Category Two donations for, Merimbula Jazz festival, Candelo Arts Society, Community Carers Accommodation South East Fundraiser, Bega Oncology Unit, the 2015 Merimbula Fun Run, and complimentary room hire for 18 not-for-profit community groups.
3. Approved MIMBC and MIWBC requests to donate proceeds of Wrong Bias Box and Mavis Meadowcroft Bowls Day to Bega Oncology Unit.
4. Approved purchase of chaffing dishes for the kitchen and replacement of worn outdoor and indoor furniture.
5. Approved 357 new and transferring memberships comprising:
• Social 345, Bowls 4, Gym Junior 8
6. Approved the below Board committees.
The next regular monthly Board meeting is scheduled to be held on 10 April 2015.
20 March 2015
Chairman, Deputy Chairman, Treasurer,
FINANCE COMMITTEE: I. MARTIN, B. KENNEDY, R. CHRISTIE
CLUBGRANTS CAT 2: B. KENNEDY, G. TELFORD
BUILDING & LAND DEVELOPMENT COMMITTEE: R. CHRISTIE, B. KENNEDY, P. MOORE, B. ROGERS
RULES & DISCIPLINARY COMMITTEE: G. TELFORD, B. ROGERS
STRATEGIC PLANNING COMMITTEE: P.MOORE, T. KILLEN, G. TELFORD
TOURNAMENT DIRECTOR: T. KILLEN
GREENS DIRECTOR: B. KENNEDY
LIAISON DIRECTOR: G. TELFORD
At the Board of Directors meetings held in November and December 2014 it was resolved:
1. To terminate the Memorandum of Understanding with Merimbula RSL Club Limited dated 25 August 2014 and the proposed amalgamation between the two clubs and authorizes that the notice of termination be executed by the Chairman and another director and be immediately given to Merimbula RSL Limited.
2. To approve an increase of $150,000 to the Capital Budget for the purchase of six (6) new gaming machines.
3. To elect Gerry Hammond as Chairman, Ron Christie as Deputy Chairman and Ian Martin as Treasurer for the period expiring at the conclusion of the 2015 AGM.
4. To create a new board committee to make recommendations to the Board on CLUBgrants Category Two applications
5. Approve CLUBgrants Category Two donations for Candelo Show and Pambula Show, and complimentary room hire for 18 not-for-profit community groups.
6. Approve 338 new and transferring memberships comprising:
• Social 328, Bowls 5, Gym Junior 5
The next regular monthly Board meeting is scheduled to be held on 28 January 2015
23 December 2014
At the AGM of 24 November 2014, in accordance with the Constitution, under the triennial rule, three candidates stood for election to the two vacant group 2 director positions. The following persons were elected:
Terence Anthony Killen
Mr. Martin and Mr. Killen were elected for a three year term. The following is the updated list of the seven directors whom make up the Board:
Ronald James Christie (group 3)
Gary John Telford (group 3)
Brian John Kennedy (group 3)
Peter Moore (group 1)
Gerald George Hammond (group 1)
Ian Martin (group 2)
Terence Anthony Killen (group 2)
In accordance with the Constitution the seven elected directors elect from amongst their number, directors to fill the office bearer roles for the next twelve months. The following is the outcome of that election.
Chairman: Gerald George Hammond
Deputy Chairman: Ronald James Christie
Treasurer: Ian Martin
25 November 2014