At the AGM of 24 November 2014, in accordance with the Constitution, under the triennial rule, three candidates stood for election to the two vacant group 2 director positions. The following persons were elected:
Terence Anthony Killen
Mr. Martin and Mr. Killen were elected for a three year term. The following is the updated list of the seven directors whom make up the Board:
Ronald James Christie (group 3)
Gary John Telford (group 3)
Brian John Kennedy (group 3)
Peter Moore (group 1)
Gerald George Hammond (group 1)
Ian Martin (group 2)
Terence Anthony Killen (group 2)
In accordance with the Constitution the seven elected directors elect from amongst their number, directors to fill the office bearer roles for the next twelve months. The following is the outcome of that election.
Chairman: Gerald George Hammond
Deputy Chairman: Ronald James Christie
Treasurer: Ian Martin
25 November 2014
At the Board of Directors meetings held in September and October 2014 it was resolved:
1. Receive the Due Diligence report on Merimbula RSL Club from Kellow Parberry Accountants relating to the proposed amalgamation.
2. To recommend an amendment to article 45(n) of the Constitution to members at the AGM. This proposal if approved, would increase the original limit of $500,000 which was inserted into the Constitution 27 years ago, to $1,000,000.
3. Approve the purchase of two replacement commercial vacuum cleaners at a cost of $8,925
4. Approve appointment of consultants to review alternatives relating to electrical supply and sewerage services for proposed development of vacant land at the rear of Club Sapphire.
5. Approve CLUBgrants Category Two donations for Merimbula Sailboard Classic, Sapphire Coast Rock 'n' Roll Festival, Men of League Charity Bowls Day, Pambula Swimming Club, Merimbula Big Game and Lakes Angling Club, Sapphire Coast Turf Club, Lumen Christi Football Team, and complimentary room hire for 25 not-for-profit community groups.
6. Approve 205 new and transferring memberships comprising:
• Social 201, Bowls 4
The next regular monthly Board meeting is scheduled to be held on 21 November 2014
20 November 2014
At the Board of Directors meetings held in July and August 2014 it was resolved:
1. To approve the final version of the Memorandum of Understanding relating to a potential amalgamation (subject to member approval) with the Merimbula RSL Club Ltd.
2. To adopt Bowls Australia's Weather Policy as a policy of MIBC.
3. In accordance with the Smoke Free Environment Act, prohibit smoking on the smoking terrace adjacent to Green No. 1 when bowls is being played on this green.
4. To advise MIMBC and MIWBC that a potential breach of this legislation may be incurred by a person if they smoke in any area set aside for or being used by spectators to watch an organised game of bowls.
5. To hold the MIBC Ltd. AGM on Monday 24 November 2014 commencing at 7.00pm.
6. To appoint the Club's Auditor, Richard Parbery, as the Returning Officer for the 2014 Board elections.
7. To save the significant expense normally incurred in travel and accommodation costs relating to attendance at the ClubsNSW AGM and Conference by not having Board representation this year.
8. To advise MIMBC and MIWBC of the Auditors' advice that GST is applicable to the financial transactions of internal sub-clubs.
9. To approve the request of MIMBC for the company to purchase shirts for 19 new umpires.
10. Approve CLUBgrants Category Two donations for Merimbula Basketball Association, Pambula-Merimbula Lions Club Youth of the Year event, Typhoons Softball club, Pambula-Merimbula Lions Club Annual Charity Golf Day, and complimentary room hire for 24 not-for-profit community groups.
11. Approve 258 new and transferring memberships comprising: Social 233, Bowls 23, Gym Junior 2
The next regular monthly Board meeting is scheduled to be held on 17 September 2014
27 August 2014