At the Board of Directors meetings held in November and December 2014 it was resolved:
1. To terminate the Memorandum of Understanding with Merimbula RSL Club Limited dated 25 August 2014 and the proposed amalgamation between the two clubs and authorizes that the notice of termination be executed by the Chairman and another director and be immediately given to Merimbula RSL Limited.
2. To approve an increase of $150,000 to the Capital Budget for the purchase of six (6) new gaming machines.
3. To elect Gerry Hammond as Chairman, Ron Christie as Deputy Chairman and Ian Martin as Treasurer for the period expiring at the conclusion of the 2015 AGM.
4. To create a new board committee to make recommendations to the Board on CLUBgrants Category Two applications
5. Approve CLUBgrants Category Two donations for Candelo Show and Pambula Show, and complimentary room hire for 18 not-for-profit community groups.
6. Approve 338 new and transferring memberships comprising:
• Social 328, Bowls 5, Gym Junior 5
The next regular monthly Board meeting is scheduled to be held on 28 January 2015
23 December 2014
At the AGM of 24 November 2014, in accordance with the Constitution, under the triennial rule, three candidates stood for election to the two vacant group 2 director positions. The following persons were elected:
Terence Anthony Killen
Mr. Martin and Mr. Killen were elected for a three year term. The following is the updated list of the seven directors whom make up the Board:
Ronald James Christie (group 3)
Gary John Telford (group 3)
Brian John Kennedy (group 3)
Peter Moore (group 1)
Gerald George Hammond (group 1)
Ian Martin (group 2)
Terence Anthony Killen (group 2)
In accordance with the Constitution the seven elected directors elect from amongst their number, directors to fill the office bearer roles for the next twelve months. The following is the outcome of that election.
Chairman: Gerald George Hammond
Deputy Chairman: Ronald James Christie
Treasurer: Ian Martin
25 November 2014
At the Board of Directors meetings held in September and October 2014 it was resolved:
1. Receive the Due Diligence report on Merimbula RSL Club from Kellow Parberry Accountants relating to the proposed amalgamation.
2. To recommend an amendment to article 45(n) of the Constitution to members at the AGM. This proposal if approved, would increase the original limit of $500,000 which was inserted into the Constitution 27 years ago, to $1,000,000.
3. Approve the purchase of two replacement commercial vacuum cleaners at a cost of $8,925
4. Approve appointment of consultants to review alternatives relating to electrical supply and sewerage services for proposed development of vacant land at the rear of Club Sapphire.
5. Approve CLUBgrants Category Two donations for Merimbula Sailboard Classic, Sapphire Coast Rock 'n' Roll Festival, Men of League Charity Bowls Day, Pambula Swimming Club, Merimbula Big Game and Lakes Angling Club, Sapphire Coast Turf Club, Lumen Christi Football Team, and complimentary room hire for 25 not-for-profit community groups.
6. Approve 205 new and transferring memberships comprising:
• Social 201, Bowls 4
The next regular monthly Board meeting is scheduled to be held on 21 November 2014
20 November 2014