At the Board of Directors meetings held in May and June 2014 it was resolved to:
1. Approve a new OHS Lightning Policy relating to bowling activities.
2. Approve in-principal the latest draft terms of the proposed Memorandum of Understanding relating to a potential amalgamation (subject to member approval) with the Merimbula RSL.
3. Ask the Liaison Director to contact the Management committees of MIMBC and MIWBC to arrange a meeting to brief committee members on the proposed amalgamation.
4. Note Merimbula Nominees advice that it has withdrawn its request to purchase additional land from the Club for its proposed supermarket development.
5. Hold a discounted price members night later in 2014, on a date to be agreed.
6. Not to proceed to sell 95/97 Main Street at this stage due to the latest valuation suggesting less than ideal market conditions.
7. Hold a mid-year members information meeting on 16 June 2014 in place of the previously held Mid Year General Meeting to update members on the Board’s progress on a number of relevant items.
8. Upgrade the Club’s existing point of sale till system, including enhanced EFTPOS, members points capabilities and efficient stocktake functionality, at a cost of approximately $100,000.
9.Approve 2014 CLUBgrants Category One donations for 44 local not-for-profit community groups to the total value of $35,356.
10.Approve CLUBgrants Category Two donations for Merimbula Grasshoppers Soccer football Club, Zone 21 RSL Bowls, local Year 6 State representative rugby league player Christian Dadd, and complimentary room hire for 20 not-for-profit community groups.
11.Approve 240 new and transferring memberships comprising:
•Social 222, Bowls 15, Gym Junior 3
The next regular monthly Board meeting is scheduled to be held on 23 July 2014
1 July 2014
At the Board of Directors meetings held in February, March and April 2014 it was resolved to:
1. Approve the final terms of the agreement between MIBC Ltd, MIMBC and MIWBC regarding financial funding arrangements of internal bowls clubs.
2.Approve the six designated signatories of the MIWBC and MIMBC bank accounts, as appointed by the Management Committees.
3.Approve amendments to MIMBC By-Laws relating to new financial procedures.
4.Delete existing MIBC Ltd By-Law No. 3.7 and replace with the following new MIBC Ltd By-Law No. 3.7…. “The Management Committee of each sporting section shall provide its financial records to the Board of the Club for the purpose of audit by the Club’s auditor whenever the Board requests the Management Committee to do so.”
5.Adopt the following new MIBC Ltd By-Law No 6.4….. “Paid employees of MIBC Ltd are not permitted to hold any elected position on any MIBC Bowls Sections’ Committee”.
6. Subject to legal review and member approval, the Board approved in–principal the draft concepts contained in the proposed amalgamation agreement (MOU) between MIBC Ltd and the MRSLC Ltd. This proposal will be made available to all members after the Club’s Lawyers finalise the document and no less than 30 days before any vote takes place.
7. Approve a major upgrade of the existing gaming system and membership system software.
8.Obtain valuations for 95/97 Main Street with a view to utilising this asset as a mechanism to partly fund future commercial developments on vacant club land.
9.Approve, subject to conditions and indemnities recommended by the Club’s Engineer and Lawyer, a request from Merimbula Nominees to place temporary “soil nails” below ground level and through the common boundary between the club and the supermarket site, during excavation works on that site.
10.Approve in-principal, subject to valuation and acceptable commercial terms, the concept of selling two small pieces of redundant land at the rear of the supermarket site (originally intended to form part of the proposed road reserve) to Merimbula Nominees as the site for their fire system water tank and electricity sub-station.
11.Retain 2014/15 Membership fees at 2013/14 levels.
12.Approve the request of MIWBC to donate funds raised on their annual cancer charity day to Bega Oncology Unit.
13.Approve CLUBgrants Category Two donations to: Down South Jazz Club, Bega Valley Parkinson’s Support Group, Merimbula/Pambula Senior and Junior Bulldogs Rugby League Clubs, Merimbula Big Game & Lakes Angling Club, Sapphire Coast Turf Club FSC Clubs Charity Race Day, Pambula Public School Library, Zen Dragon Boat Club, Merimbula Seniors Tennis Tournament, FSC U13’s Soccer Team, Andrew MacNamara Triathlete, South Coast Buccaneers Charity Fundraising , and complimentary room hire for 28 different not-for-profit community groups.
14.Approve 297 new and transferring memberships comprising:
•Social 278, Bowls 2, Introductory Bowls 3, Gym Junior 14
The next regular monthly Board meeting is scheduled to be held on 26 May 2014
7 May 2014
At the Board of Directors meetings held in November 2013, December 2013 and January 2014 it was resolved to:
1. Adopt the following Board Committee Structure:
BOARD COMMMITEES 2013/14.
EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE.G. HAMMOND, R. CHRISTIE, I. MARTIN
FINANCE COMMITTEE.I. MARTIN, B. KENNEDY, G.HAMMOND
MEMBERSHIP RECRUITMENT R. CHRISTIE, G. TELFORD
BUILDING & LAND DEVELOPMENT R. CHRISTIE, G. HAMMOND, B. KENNEDY, P. MOORE,
RULES & DISCIPLINARY G. TELFORD, R. CHRISTIE
STRATEGIC PLANNING P.MOORE, T. KILLEN, G. TELFORD
TOURNAMENT DIRECTORT. KILLEN, assisted by R. CHRISTIE as required
GREENS DIRECTORB. KENNEDY, assisted by T.KILLEN as required
LIAISON DIRECTOR G. TELFORD, assisted by P. MOORE as required
2.With the agreement of the MIMBC and MIWBC Management Committees, modify current processes to provide internal clubs with increased decision making authority and responsibility for the management of their financial affairs, in accordance with the MIBC Ltd Constitution and By-Laws.
3.Accept the Finance Committee recommendation to reduce the 2013/14 MIBC Ltd. Capital Expenditure Budget by $200,000 to address a comparable reduction in EBITDA from the first six months of the year. A reduction in gaming revenue being the main reason for this downturn in financial performance.
4.Approve the request from MIWBC for MIBC Ltd to purchase of 48 new bowls lockers for the Women’s Locker Room.
5.Not approve the request of MIMBC to appoint a paid assistant to the BDO to fill the void left by a reduction in volunteers.
6.Continue discussions with the Board of the Merimbula RSL Ltd regarding a potential amalgamation between MIBC Ltd. and the RSL Ltd.
7.Note the recommendations of member W. Rogers at the 2013 AGM for the Board to consider outsourcing catering and installing synthetic greens as a means to improve the Club’s financial performance.
8.Approve CLUBgrants Category Two donations to: 2014 Merimbula Jazz festival, Merimbula Tourism Inc, Pambula A H & P Society, 2014 Merimbula Fun Run, and complimentary room hire for 28 different not-for-profit community groups.
9.Approve 417 new and transferring memberships comprising: Social 400, Bowls 1, Introductory Bowls 3, Bowls Junior 1, Gym Junior 12
The next regular monthly Board meeting is scheduled to be held on 19 February 2014
29 January 2014