At the Board of Directors meetings held in September and October 2014 it was resolved:
1. Receive the Due Diligence report on Merimbula RSL Club from Kellow Parberry Accountants relating to the proposed amalgamation.
2. To recommend an amendment to article 45(n) of the Constitution to members at the AGM. This proposal if approved, would increase the original limit of $500,000 which was inserted into the Constitution 27 years ago, to $1,000,000.
3. Approve the purchase of two replacement commercial vacuum cleaners at a cost of $8,925
4. Approve appointment of consultants to review alternatives relating to electrical supply and sewerage services for proposed development of vacant land at the rear of Club Sapphire.
5. Approve CLUBgrants Category Two donations for Merimbula Sailboard Classic, Sapphire Coast Rock 'n' Roll Festival, Men of League Charity Bowls Day, Pambula Swimming Club, Merimbula Big Game and Lakes Angling Club, Sapphire Coast Turf Club, Lumen Christi Football Team, and complimentary room hire for 25 not-for-profit community groups.
6. Approve 205 new and transferring memberships comprising:
• Social 201, Bowls 4
The next regular monthly Board meeting is scheduled to be held on 21 November 2014
20 November 2014
At the Board of Directors meetings held in July and August 2014 it was resolved:
1. To approve the final version of the Memorandum of Understanding relating to a potential amalgamation (subject to member approval) with the Merimbula RSL Club Ltd.
2. To adopt Bowls Australia's Weather Policy as a policy of MIBC.
3. In accordance with the Smoke Free Environment Act, prohibit smoking on the smoking terrace adjacent to Green No. 1 when bowls is being played on this green.
4. To advise MIMBC and MIWBC that a potential breach of this legislation may be incurred by a person if they smoke in any area set aside for or being used by spectators to watch an organised game of bowls.
5. To hold the MIBC Ltd. AGM on Monday 24 November 2014 commencing at 7.00pm.
6. To appoint the Club's Auditor, Richard Parbery, as the Returning Officer for the 2014 Board elections.
7. To save the significant expense normally incurred in travel and accommodation costs relating to attendance at the ClubsNSW AGM and Conference by not having Board representation this year.
8. To advise MIMBC and MIWBC of the Auditors' advice that GST is applicable to the financial transactions of internal sub-clubs.
9. To approve the request of MIMBC for the company to purchase shirts for 19 new umpires.
10. Approve CLUBgrants Category Two donations for Merimbula Basketball Association, Pambula-Merimbula Lions Club Youth of the Year event, Typhoons Softball club, Pambula-Merimbula Lions Club Annual Charity Golf Day, and complimentary room hire for 24 not-for-profit community groups.
11. Approve 258 new and transferring memberships comprising: Social 233, Bowls 23, Gym Junior 2
The next regular monthly Board meeting is scheduled to be held on 17 September 2014
27 August 2014
At the Board of Directors meetings held in May and June 2014 it was resolved to:
1. Approve a new OHS Lightning Policy relating to bowling activities.
2. Approve in-principal the latest draft terms of the proposed Memorandum of Understanding relating to a potential amalgamation (subject to member approval) with the Merimbula RSL.
3. Ask the Liaison Director to contact the Management committees of MIMBC and MIWBC to arrange a meeting to brief committee members on the proposed amalgamation.
4. Note Merimbula Nominees advice that it has withdrawn its request to purchase additional land from the Club for its proposed supermarket development.
5. Hold a discounted price members night later in 2014, on a date to be agreed.
6. Not to proceed to sell 95/97 Main Street at this stage due to the latest valuation suggesting less than ideal market conditions.
7. Hold a mid-year members information meeting on 16 June 2014 in place of the previously held Mid Year General Meeting to update members on the Board’s progress on a number of relevant items.
8. Upgrade the Club’s existing point of sale till system, including enhanced EFTPOS, members points capabilities and efficient stocktake functionality, at a cost of approximately $100,000.
9.Approve 2014 CLUBgrants Category One donations for 44 local not-for-profit community groups to the total value of $35,356.
10.Approve CLUBgrants Category Two donations for Merimbula Grasshoppers Soccer football Club, Zone 21 RSL Bowls, local Year 6 State representative rugby league player Christian Dadd, and complimentary room hire for 20 not-for-profit community groups.
11.Approve 240 new and transferring memberships comprising:
•Social 222, Bowls 15, Gym Junior 3
The next regular monthly Board meeting is scheduled to be held on 23 July 2014
1 July 2014