At the Board of Directors meeting held on 22 August 2017 the Board resolved to:
1. Approve the 2017 MIBC Ltd Financial Accounts, Directors Report and Directors Declaration, Notice of Meeting for AGM, and Annual Report.
2. In accordance with Article 55 of the Constitution, appoint member Bill Dejong to fill the casual vacancy on the Board and to also appoint Mr. Dejong to the Board’s Strategic Planning & Risk Management Committee and Members’ Disciplinary Committee
3. Accept a fee proposal from Paynter Dixon Developments to carry out further investigation work relating to the feasibility of constructing a hotel on Club land and identification of potential parties interested in commercial developments on the Club’s vacant land.
4. Write to MIWBC and MIMBC to request both clubs maintain and update a list of volunteers who hold current food handling certificates and to provide a copy of this list to the Board annually. Only those members on this list are permitted to serve food at internal club events, and only after prior approval has been given on each occasion by the company, as per company policy.
5. Approve amendments to the MIWBC Constitution, as recommended by the MIWBC Management Committee.
6. Confirm that in the shorter term all or part of the redundant greens 3 and 4 will be made available for a commercial vegetable garden for local community group From Little Things Parklands, and/or additional space for the Club’s gym operators.
7. After calling for tenders and considering those received, the Board appointed trade maintenance contracts for the 2017/19 period to the successful tenderers.
8. Approve amendments to MIBC Ltd. By-Laws 4.2,4.4 and 4.5 and adopt new By-Laws 4.6,4.7, and 4.8. relating to Club Sapphire’s sporting facilities.
9. Approve ClubGrants Category 2 sponsorship for Merimbula Jazz Festival, Merimbula Knights Cricket Club, Merimbula Grasshoppers Football Club, and the Merimbula Classic.
10. Approve 127 new and transferring memberships:
· Social 126
· Bowls 1
The next regular monthly Board meeting is scheduled to be held on 20 September 2017
24 August 2017
At the Board of Directors meeting held in July 2017 the Board resolved to:
1. In accordance with Article 55 of the Constitution, invite member Bill Dejong to fill a casual vacancy on the Board, created by the sad passing of Terry Killen, until the conclusion of 2017 AGM.
2. Approve proposed new constitution and by-laws for MIWBC, as recommended by the MIWBC Management Committee.
3. Request the Executive Committee undertake a review of MIBC Ltd. By-Laws and make recommendations to the Board on any changes required to ensure the rules are consistent with requirements for usage of the new bowling facilities.
4. Authorise the Building Committee to proceed with extending paving to cover the worn section of grass on the southern end of green 2, construction of a small children’s playground adjacent to the BBQ and picnic table area, replacement of the worn grassed area in Rockpool Courtyard with a garden, and extension of the new fencing to separate access to the proposed vegetable garden on redundant green no 4, from the new synthetic greens.
5. Approve ClubGrants Category 2 sponsorship for the Sapphire Coast Arts & Sports Youth Development Foundation.
6. Appoint directors Ian Martin, Ricky Holt and Christine Keens to a board committee to assist with the planning and organisation of the Australian Bowling Championships.
7. Approve 144 new and transferring memberships:
• Social 139
• Bowls 5
The next regular monthly Board meeting is scheduled to be held on 21 August 2017
28 July 2017
At the Board of Directors meeting held in June 2017 the Board resolved to:
1. Hold the MIBC Ltd. AGM on Sunday 19 November 2017.
2. Approve a draft agreement as prepared by the Club’s solicitor, with local not-for-profit community group From Little Things Parklands Inc. relating to their temporary utilisation of the redundant green no. 4 for the purpose of a large scale vegetable garden.
3. Seek quotes to extend existing greens perimeter security fencing along the western boundary of the synthetic greens complex, to separate it from the vegetable garden.
4. Seek quotes for extending either the paving or stencilled concrete, to cover the worn/shaded grassed area on the southern side of green 2, and for the installation of a small fenced off children’s playground at the south western end of this grassed/paved area (adjacent to the covered walkway and BBQ area).
5. Approve 2017 ClubGrants Category 1 donations, totalling $40,000, for 32 separate local community groups.
6. Approve ClubGrants Category 2 sponsorship for the Emergency Services Golf Day, Merimbula Tennis Club Seniors Tournament and Merimbula Pambula Junior Rugby League Club.
7. In accordance with Article 52(b) the Board approved director R Christie attending Board meetings via teleconference when circumstances prevent his attendance in person.
8. Approve 166 new and transferring memberships:
• Social 156
• Bowls 10
The next regular monthly Board meeting is scheduled to be held on 19 July 2017
28 June 2017