At the Board of Directors meetings held in December 2017 and January 2018 the Board resolved:
1. To appoint the following Board committees for 2018
• Executive, Board Performance, Education and Succession (P Moore, I Martin, C Keens)
• Finance, Audit and Risk (I Martin, G Halloran, W Dejong)
• Planning (C Keens, I Martin, W Dejong, R Holt)
• Building and Maintenance (R Holt, G Halloran, I Martin)
• Constitution Review and Members Disciplinary (C Keens, W Dejong, G Halloran)
• Australian Bowls Championships (C Keens, I Martin, R Holt)
2. To phase out self-catering for internal club events and charity events in accordance with best practice food handling procedures for commercial catering venues and consistent with the Club’s current food policy.
3. Directors will continue to not utilise the designated director carparks during the Woolworths supermarket construction period due to the reduced number of car parks available in the precinct during this time.
4. To negotiate an acceptable financial contribution to the cost of installation of a new high-pressure water main in the new service road reserve north of the club, on the basis it is designed to service the Club’s four commercial development sites.
5. To negotiate a suitable financial arrangement with the builder of the proposed Aldi supermarket to utilise the Club’s land and buildings at 95/97 Main Street for a temporary site office and workers carpark during the Aldi supermarket construction period.
6. Approve ClubGrants Category 2 sponsorship of the 2018 and 2019 Merimbula Eat Festival and the Under 18 Pambula Merimbula Bulldog Rugby League side.
7. Approve 311 new and transferring memberships:
• Social 299
• Bowls 12
The next regular monthly Board meeting is scheduled to be held on 21 February 2018
14 February 2018
At the Board of Directors meeting held in October and November 2017 the Board resolved to:
1. Approve ClubGrants Category 2 sponsorship for the 2018 Sapphire Coast Rock ‘n’ Roll festival, Merimbula Big Game & Lakes Angling Club, Lions Fairway Charity Golf event and Danes Dream
2. Authorise the Chairman and CEO to sign a DA, on behalf of the Club, as the current landowner of the future service road rear entrance location to a supermarket on the redundant BVSC library site.
3. Authorise the CEO to lodge a submission on behalf of the Club to the BVSC Commercial Centres Strategy Review.
4. To refer a possible breach of contract by the builder of the 2007 renovation, who is currently under voluntary administration, to the Club’s solicitor for advice.
5. To seek quotes for possible alternatives to provide heating to the new bowls viewing deck and smoking deck adjacent to the Auditorium.
6. Approve 234 new and transferring memberships:
• Social 230
• Bowls 4
The next regular monthly Board meeting is scheduled to be held on 13 December 2017
At the Board of Directors meeting held on 20 September 2017 the Board resolved to:
1. Authorise the purchase of a new Convotherm oven at a cost of $16,091 plus installation costs for the catering department.
2. Request the Building Committee to report back to the Board with indicative costs for the redevelopment of the BBQ area.
3. Approve ClubGrants Category 2 sponsorship for the Merimbula Chamber of Commerce Shop Local Christmas Promotion and The Disability Trust Bega.
4. Approve 125 new and trasnerring memberships:
- Social 123
- Bowls 2
The next regular montly Board meeting is scheduled to be held on 25 October 2017
Acting Chief Executive
29 August 2017