At the Board of Directors meetings held in December 2016 the Board resolved to:
1. Hold the official opening of the new greens on Monday night 6 February 2017, the night before the commencement of the 2017 NSW vs Victoria interstate bowls series which will be held at Club Sapphire on the new greens on 7 and 8 February.
2. Appoint the following Board committees for 2017
a. Executive & Succession Planning Committee – I Martin and C Keens
b. Finance Committee & Club Grants Cat 1 – I Martin and G Halloran
c. Building & Land Development Committee – R Holt, I Martin and G Halloran
d. Strategic Planning & Risk Management Committee – R Holt, C Keens and T Killen
e. Members Disciplinary and Rules Committee - C Keens and T Killen
3. Approve ClubGRANTS Category 2 sponsorship for Gallopers for Carers Charity Dinner, Down South Jazz Club, Sapphire Coast Turf Club and Merimbula Parkrun.
4. Approve 160 new and transferring memberships:
• Social 158
• Bowls 2
The next regular monthly Board meeting is scheduled to be held on 18 January 2017
14 January 2016
At the Board of Directors meetings held in September, October and November 2016 the Board resolved to:
1. Hold an official opening of the renovations and new greens in March 2017.
2. Agree the draft terms of a proposed lease agreement with Optus for roof space for an antenna.
3. Adopt the policy that management has the authorization to suspend a member for a maximum of 3 months under Section 77 of the Liquor Act. More serious matters are to be referred to the Board. All member discipline matters not covered by Section 77 to be referred to the Board. All non-member disciplinary matters are to be addressed by management.
4. Authorise the CEO to have initial discussions with BVSC regarding the potential for the transfer of the non-developable club land on the flood plain adjacent to Merimbula Creek, to BVSC on the basis the land always remains open green community land and community gardens etc.
5. Undertake a feasibility study of the merits of a hotel development on Club land
6. Approve donating spare greens shades to Gundagai Bowling Club and redundant greens seating to Candelo Bowling Club
7. Approve MIMBC By-Laws. no 20 (Smoking), 22 (Bowls Delivery) and 23 (Food and Beverages) as proposed by MIMBC
8. Approve ClubGRANTS Category 2 sponsorship for the Merimbula Knights Cricket Club, Merimbula Pambula Bulldogs Under 18 Rugby League team, Merimbula Jazz Festival, Pambula Merimbula Lions Fairway Golf Charity Event, Merimbula Big Game & Lakes Angling Club,
9. Approve 302 new and transferring memberships:
• Social 295
• Bowls 7
The next regular monthly Board meeting is scheduled to be held on 21 December 2016.
At the Board of Directors meeting held in July and August 2016, the Board resolved to:
1. Retain the word Rockpool in the name of the renovated alfresco café, for the time being.
2. Approve MIMBC draft By-Laws relating to food and beverage consumption and smoking on or near the new synthetic greens.
3. Approve ClubGRANTS Category 2 sponsorship for the Sapphire Coast Arts and Sports Youth Development Fund, the Merimbula Gift, and the Bemboka Public School.
4. Approve 226 new and transferring memberships:
• Social 216
• Bowls 7
• Gym Junior 3
The next regular monthly Board meeting is scheduled to be held on 21 September 2016.