INFORMATION FROM THE BOARD
At the Board of Directors meetings held in March and April 2013 it was resolved to:
1.Approve the following Membership fees for 2013/14
iii.One year Social $12
iv.Three year Social $25
2.Advise the Club’s Master Planners to incorporate a bowling facility similar to that offered by Mooloolaba Bowling Club (i.e. two X eight rink needle punch carpet greens covered by a membrane roof) into the Club’s long term draft Master Plan. Members will be consulted on the draft Master Plan before completion.
3.Hold the Mid Year General Meeting on Sunday 30 June 2013.
4.Propose the following Special Resolutions to the Mid Year General Meeting, for the consideration of members:
i.Introduce a new membership category known as Introductory Bowling Membership for first year bowlers, with reduced membership fees.
ii.Eliminate the need for a proposer and seconder on standard membership applications, as per the Registered Clubs Act.
iii.In order to reduce costs, reduce the number of days the polling booth for the annual Board election is open to three days. This is also due to a lack of demand for the current seven day arrangement.
iv.Eliminate the current costly obligation to stage a Mid-Year General Meeting every year irrespective of need. It is proposed General Meetings would be held as and when required, whilst the AGM would still be held every year.
5.Approve Merimbula-Imlay Indoor Carpet Bowling Club’s (MIICBC) proposal to award Life Membership of MIICBC to Les and Tess Rizzetti.
6.Approve MIWBC request for green fees collected on Mavis Meadowcroft Charity Day to be donated to the Jane McGrath Foundation.
7.Approve MIICBC request to spend some of their funds (collected from past green fees) on their Mid Year Dinner on the understanding that any future requests for purchase of carpet bowls equipment must be funded from these same funds.
8.Provide support to a proposed Movember Cancer Fundraiser by donating $10 from each full priced ticket sold back to the pool of funds raised from the night and by increasing the members’ drink discount to 20% during the function.
9.To approve Category 2 CLUBgrants donations to Merimbula Grasshoppers Soccer Club, Imlay House, Merimbula Basketball Association, Zone 21 RSL Bowls, Towamba Acoustic Sessions, Sapphire Coast Turf Club, Merimbula Tennis Club Seniors Tournament, Wyndham Hymn Singers Gala Variety Benefit Concert, and to waive room hire costs for functions held by 27 not-for-profit organisations.
10.Approve new and transferring memberships comprising:
iii.Gym Junior 15
Next Board meeting is scheduled to be held on 17 May 2013
2 May 2013
INFORMATION FROM THE BOARD
At the Board of Directors meeting held on 8 February 2013 it was resolved to:
1.Advertise the vacant land owned by MIBC Ltd at Tura Beach known as Lot 1442, for sale.
2.Amend the date of the “volunteers thank you party”, to Monday 22 April 2012.
3.Arrange for a specialist greens consultant to inspect and advise on the bowling greens.
4.Participate in a commercial precinct master plan with BVSC and other Main Street commercial property owners.
5.Approve purchase of an electronic sign in system to automate and improve efficiency and accuracy of visitor sign in procedures at front and rear entrances to the club house.
6.To approve Category 2 CLUBgrants donations to Merimbula Jazz Festival, Merimbula Fun Run, Candelo Village Festival, Pambula Hospital Central Monitor System Fundraiser, Down South Jazz Club, Ryan Campbell Teen World Flight, and complimentary room and equipment hire for 14 not-for-profit community groups for the month of January 2013.
7.Approve 167 new and transferring memberships comprising:
iii.Junior Gym- 4
Next Board meeting is scheduled to be held on 15 March 2013
1 March 2013
INFORMATION FROM THE BOARD
At the Board of Directors meeting held on 9 January 2013 it was resolved to:
- Approve an updated set of MIBC Ltd By-Laws effective 9 January 2013 and to display the full set of By-Laws on the Club Notice Board.
- Offer to sell the vacant land owned by MIBC Ltd at Tura Beach known as Lot 1442, to TBCC Ltd in accordance with the terms and conditions of the Deed of De-amalgamation.
- Hold a "volunteers thank you party", with partners, on Monday 29 April 2012.
- Continue to fully maintain Green No 4 until such time as Greens 1, 2, and 3 are back in full operation after their renovations. At that time the number of greens to be maintained will be reduced to three.
- Retain existing arrangements regarding vouchers being offered as bowls prizes, as opposed to cash etc. Existing prize amounts also remain.
- Replace bowlers' afternoon teas of baskets of shared cheese and biscuits with packets of individually wrapped sweet biscuits.
- To note new state government regulations prohibit smoking in spectator areas of sporting facilities, such as bowling greens, and that individuals are responsible for their own compliance with this legislation, not the Club.
- To round up the MIMBC's wrong bias box funds to $300 and donate this money to Imlay House.
- To approve bar "Happy Hour" prices of 20% off (inclusive of members discount) retail price be provided to members attending MIMBC's pennant bowlers get together of 10 February 2013.
- Approve 122 new and transferring memberships comprising:
ii. Social- 120
iii. Junior Gym- 1
Next Board meeting is scheduled to be held on 8 February 2013
11 January 2013