At the Board of Directors meeting held in June 2016, the Board resolved to:
1. Approve 2016 ClubGRANTS Category 1 grants for 29 local not-for-profit organisations totalling in excess of $40,000.
2. Approve ClubGRANTS Category 2 sponsorship for the Merimbula Tennis Club Seniors Tournament.
3. Approve 131 new and transferring memberships:
• Social 123
• Bowls 6
• Gym Junior 2
The next regular monthly Board meeting is scheduled to be held on 20 July 2016
At the Board of Directors meeting held in April and May 2016, the Board resolved to:
1. Advise BVSC that the Board is of the view that the essential conditions required for the Club to give its final approval for construction of the service road on Club land have now all been met.
2. Advise Merimbula Nominee’s civil works contractor Guideline South Coast, they now have approval to enter the Club’s land to commence work on the service road.
3. Engage Paynter Dixon, a leading company in club design and renovation, to design, manage and construct the new covered bowling greens and renovations and extensions to the existing clubhouse.
4. Accept BVSC’s conditions of consent relating to the Club’s subdivision plan for the vacant club land situated adjacent to the new road and to progress the design and installation of services including water, electricity, sewerage and drainage to this land.
5. To approve a request from MIWBC for the Board to round up MIWBC’s donation to Bega Oncology to $3,000
6. Approve CLUBgrants Category 2 sponsorship for the Merimbula Grasshoppers Soccer Club.
7. Approve 92 new Social memberships.
The next regular monthly Board meeting is scheduled to be held on 20 July 2016.
10 June 2016
At the Board of Directors meeting held on 16 March 2016, the Board resolved to:
- Not increase membership fees for the 2016/17 from existing levels. Therefore the following Membership Fees will apply again for the coming financial year:
- Bowling Membership $110
- Social Membership $12
- 3 year Social Membership $25
- Introductory Bowls Membership $55
- Junior (Bowls and Gym) Membership $10
- Phase out the 5% members discount on Food and Beverage purchases, effective from 1 July 2016, due to greater membership discounts and other benefits now applying under the Sapphire Rewards Membership Loyalty Program.
Under this loyalty program members’ receive between 10% and 50% discount on Food and Beverage purchases when paying by points, between 10 and 200 points each day for visiting the Club, an annual birthday present of valued at between $15 and $100, earn points on Food, Beverage and KENO purchases, as well as many other significant benefits.
- Approve minor CLUBgrants Category 2 sponsorship for the Sapphire Coast Board Riders Club.
- Approve 93 new and transferring memberships comprising:
- Social 91, Bowls 2
The next regular monthly Board meeting is scheduled to be held on 20 April 2016.
Subsequent to the above mentioned Board meeting, on 17 March 2016, Bega Valley Shire Council (BVSC) advised the Club that it had approved the Club’s Development Application for the conversion of Greens 1 and 2 to synthetic surfaces, the installation of a membrane roof over these greens and the renovation of Rockpool Café and Gardens and other clubhouse facilities. In addition, on 18 March 2016, Club’s Sub-Division and Fill Works Development Application relating to the vacant development land adjacent to the proposed service road at the rear of the Club was also approved by BVSC.
5 April 2016