At the Board of Directors meeting held in July 2017 the Board resolved to:
1. In accordance with Article 55 of the Constitution, invite member Bill Dejong to fill a casual vacancy on the Board, created by the sad passing of Terry Killen, until the conclusion of 2017 AGM.
2. Approve proposed new constitution and by-laws for MIWBC, as recommended by the MIWBC Management Committee.
3. Request the Executive Committee undertake a review of MIBC Ltd. By-Laws and make recommendations to the Board on any changes required to ensure the rules are consistent with requirements for usage of the new bowling facilities.
4. Authorise the Building Committee to proceed with extending paving to cover the worn section of grass on the southern end of green 2, construction of a small children’s playground adjacent to the BBQ and picnic table area, replacement of the worn grassed area in Rockpool Courtyard with a garden, and extension of the new fencing to separate access to the proposed vegetable garden on redundant green no 4, from the new synthetic greens.
5. Approve ClubGrants Category 2 sponsorship for the Sapphire Coast Arts & Sports Youth Development Foundation.
6. Appoint directors Ian Martin, Ricky Holt and Christine Keens to a board committee to assist with the planning and organisation of the Australian Bowling Championships.
7. Approve 144 new and transferring memberships:
• Social 139
• Bowls 5
The next regular monthly Board meeting is scheduled to be held on 21 August 2017
28 July 2017
At the Board of Directors meeting held in June 2017 the Board resolved to:
1. Hold the MIBC Ltd. AGM on Sunday 19 November 2017.
2. Approve a draft agreement as prepared by the Club’s solicitor, with local not-for-profit community group From Little Things Parklands Inc. relating to their temporary utilisation of the redundant green no. 4 for the purpose of a large scale vegetable garden.
3. Seek quotes to extend existing greens perimeter security fencing along the western boundary of the synthetic greens complex, to separate it from the vegetable garden.
4. Seek quotes for extending either the paving or stencilled concrete, to cover the worn/shaded grassed area on the southern side of green 2, and for the installation of a small fenced off children’s playground at the south western end of this grassed/paved area (adjacent to the covered walkway and BBQ area).
5. Approve 2017 ClubGrants Category 1 donations, totalling $40,000, for 32 separate local community groups.
6. Approve ClubGrants Category 2 sponsorship for the Emergency Services Golf Day, Merimbula Tennis Club Seniors Tournament and Merimbula Pambula Junior Rugby League Club.
7. In accordance with Article 52(b) the Board approved director R Christie attending Board meetings via teleconference when circumstances prevent his attendance in person.
8. Approve 166 new and transferring memberships:
• Social 156
• Bowls 10
The next regular monthly Board meeting is scheduled to be held on 19 July 2017
28 June 2017
At the Board of Directors meetings held in April and May 2017 the Board resolved to:
1. Authorise the Building Committee to purchase “step ups”, disabled ramps and drink holders for the new greens complex.
2. To hold a members information meeting later in the year after research into the feasibility of constructing tourist accommodation and other potential developments on club land is further progressed.
3. To accept with regret the resignation of Executive Chef Derryn Mansfield and to promote current Head Chef Darren Hansen and Sous Chef Nicole Pentecost, to the position of acting joint Catering Department managers.
4. To increase MIBC Bowling membership fees from 1 July 2017 to $150 and to confirm these fees will not increase again before 2020 (Tura currently $150, Eden $145, Tathra $130).
5. To introduce a new three year Bowling membership option at $400 and to increase existing three year Social membership fees to $28.
6. After consulting the Bowling Clubs’ management committees, the Board resolve to amend its previous decision and to stage the transfer of responsibility for Affiliation Fees to the MIMBC and MIWBC over two years instead of one year. These fees are to be paid from the sections existing bank accounts not charged to individuals directly.
7. Approve ClubGRANTS Category 2 sponsorship for the Vinnies Winter Blanket Appeal, Lumen Christi College Equestrian Team, South Coast Buccaneers AFL Charity event, Merimbula Chamber of Commerce Winter Wonderland Promotion, Merimbula Tourism Charity Golf Day, Cystic Fibrosis Charity Bowls Day
8. Approve 110 new and transferring memberships:
• Social 106
• Bowls 4
The next regular monthly Board meeting is scheduled to be held on 21 June 2017
22 May 2017