At the Board of Directors meetings held in February and March 2017 the Board resolved to:
1. Continue discussions with BVSC regarding the merits of extending the new service road currently being constructed at the rear of the Club, further to the east to provide rear access to the Club’s commercial land at 95/97 Main St.
2. To receive a Hotel Research Study, commissioned by the Board, from highly experienced and well qualified market researchers Landsburys, regarding the feasibility of construction of a hotel on Club owned land. As this concept is consistent with the Club’s land development masterplan and the report’s findings were very favourable, the Board resolved to continue to investigate the merits of this concept.
3. As per Article 18 of the MIBC Ltd. Constitution, receive and approve Life Member nominations for members Ronald Christie and Brain Kennedy. The nominations were each signed by nine Bowling members, as required. Both nominations will be put before the 2017 MIBC Ltd AGM and voted on by members.
4. Close Greens 3 & 4 to bowling activities as per the resolution approved by members at the 2015 AGM.
5. Enter into discussions “From little things Parklands”, a local not-for-profit community organisation, regarding their proposal for a community garden and educational nature reserve etc. on club owned, flood prone land, adjacent to Merimbula Creek and for a large vegetable garden on No 4 green for supplying fresh produce to the Club.
6. Introduce a $5 per hour fee for rolls up for non-MIBC Bowling members.
7. Consult MIWBC and MIMBC Management Committees regarding proposed changes to 2017/18 Membership fees, affiliation fees, barefoot bowls fees and non-member roll up fees.
8. Approve ClubGRANTS Category 2 sponsorship for the Rock ‘n” Rodders Dance Festival, Merimbula Knights Pink Stump Day, local junior swimmer Georgia Caldwell, Sapphire Coast Netball Association, Sapphire Coast Runners, Merimbula & District Arts Group, Women’s Surf & Wellness Coaching Camp.
9. Approve 372 new and transferring memberships:
• Social 356
• Bowls 15
• Bowls Junior 1
The next regular monthly Board meeting is scheduled to be held on 19 April 2017
22 March 2017
At the Board of Directors meetings held in December 2016 the Board resolved to:
1. Hold the official opening of the new greens on Monday night 6 February 2017, the night before the commencement of the 2017 NSW vs Victoria interstate bowls series which will be held at Club Sapphire on the new greens on 7 and 8 February.
2. Appoint the following Board committees for 2017
a. Executive & Succession Planning Committee – I Martin and C Keens
b. Finance Committee & Club Grants Cat 1 – I Martin and G Halloran
c. Building & Land Development Committee – R Holt, I Martin and G Halloran
d. Strategic Planning & Risk Management Committee – R Holt, C Keens and T Killen
e. Members Disciplinary and Rules Committee - C Keens and T Killen
3. Approve ClubGRANTS Category 2 sponsorship for Gallopers for Carers Charity Dinner, Down South Jazz Club, Sapphire Coast Turf Club and Merimbula Parkrun.
4. Approve 160 new and transferring memberships:
• Social 158
• Bowls 2
The next regular monthly Board meeting is scheduled to be held on 18 January 2017
14 January 2016
At the Board of Directors meetings held in September, October and November 2016 the Board resolved to:
1. Hold an official opening of the renovations and new greens in March 2017.
2. Agree the draft terms of a proposed lease agreement with Optus for roof space for an antenna.
3. Adopt the policy that management has the authorization to suspend a member for a maximum of 3 months under Section 77 of the Liquor Act. More serious matters are to be referred to the Board. All member discipline matters not covered by Section 77 to be referred to the Board. All non-member disciplinary matters are to be addressed by management.
4. Authorise the CEO to have initial discussions with BVSC regarding the potential for the transfer of the non-developable club land on the flood plain adjacent to Merimbula Creek, to BVSC on the basis the land always remains open green community land and community gardens etc.
5. Undertake a feasibility study of the merits of a hotel development on Club land
6. Approve donating spare greens shades to Gundagai Bowling Club and redundant greens seating to Candelo Bowling Club
7. Approve MIMBC By-Laws. no 20 (Smoking), 22 (Bowls Delivery) and 23 (Food and Beverages) as proposed by MIMBC
8. Approve ClubGRANTS Category 2 sponsorship for the Merimbula Knights Cricket Club, Merimbula Pambula Bulldogs Under 18 Rugby League team, Merimbula Jazz Festival, Pambula Merimbula Lions Fairway Golf Charity Event, Merimbula Big Game & Lakes Angling Club,
9. Approve 302 new and transferring memberships:
• Social 295
• Bowls 7
The next regular monthly Board meeting is scheduled to be held on 21 December 2016.